Watch PropertyKirk Yetholm Mill Farmhouse, Kirk Yetholm TD5 8PE
6 Bed Detached Villa - Offers Over £395,000
Surrounded by rolling hills and sheltering woodland, with scenic trails and stunning views – this picturesque farmhouse is the perfect country retreat, making an enviable family home and offering exciting scope to develop the B&B business further. Definitely one to be viewed to fully appreciate the size and beauty of the area, this C* listed Georgian farmhouse sits to the edge of the popular Cheviot village of Kirk Yetholm. The property enjoys panoramic views over the Bowmont Valley to the neighbouring Town Yetholm and the hills beyond - together with a lovely private garden, an abundance of wildlife, peaceful position, idyllic views…it’s true country living. Ground Floor - Entrance Vestibule, Central Hall, Breakfasting Kitchen, Utility, Cloakroom, Rear Porch, Dining Room, Lounge, Reading Room. First Floor - Four Principal Bedrooms with Two Ensuites and Family Bathroom. Annexe - with Two Ensuite Bedrooms, Kitchen and Sitting Area. EPC Rating: F. BSPC Ref: 22943.
- Location the balance of country life with the requirement of modern living is what makes Kirk Yetholm Farmhouse so special. Village life with a rural aspect and quiet pace of life; while just a short drive to Kelso and equidistant to Edinburgh and Newcastle.
- Development & Scope the adjoining steading is available by separate negation and would provide an excellent extension to the Farmhouse as further accommodation, workspace or holiday letting.
- Garden a haven of colourful planted wildflowers and sheltering greenery, with winding paths leading to secret spots, panoramic views, a pebbled courtyard and terrace off the patio theres a space for everyone and all tastes!
- Character retained features including open fires, woodburner, exposed beams, astragal paned windows, original flooring, excellent ceiling height and traditional stone walling.
- Business Opportunity - in addition to a spacious family home the self-contained annexe allows holiday rental revenue, and the property is currently run as a successful bed & breakfast, with scope to increase this with the potential use of the steading which is available by separate negation.