Watch Property1 The Priory, Ettrick Road Selkirk TD7 5AJ
Terraced Villa - Guide Price £325,000
This carefully extended Victorian sandstone sits in a gently elevated position to the edge of the town - offering both a peaceful location and panoramic views. With a host of traditional features including a bay windowed turret, the luxurious accommodation is presented over three floors and is truly a masterclass in country elegance. Thoughtfully modernised, 1 The Priory’s striking frontage perfectly sets the tone for the beautifully finished interior; with highlights including a family kitchen complete with decked a generous lounge with bay windows, restored cornicing and open fireplace, a master boasting dressing room, ensuite and balcony, in addition to two further ensuite bedrooms – this is an impressive and immaculate home offering a flexible use of space, and viewing comes highly recommended. EPC Rating: C. BSPC Ref: 23750.
- • Location, location, location!
- Selkirk is a popular choice for families, couples and retirees alike - offering a wonderful balance between country living while remaining well connected for modern requirements and commuters. The Priory sits prominently at the top of Ettrick Road, providing it with beautiful views across the town and countryside; particularly enjoyed from the bay windows and terrace.
- • Style, Size and Sunlight!
- The interior is classic, elegant, and stylish; with a sophisticated yet comfortable feel. The layout and finish fits both the period of the house and modern extension and works for couples or as a family home, with plenty of entertaining space, excellent levels of light and practical elements such as storage space.
- • Garden options
- The large decked terrace opens directly from the kitchen, and is a great entertaining space or play area being fully enclosed with timber fencing and gated steps to the drive below. The balcony above opens from the master – a quiet spot for a morning coffee! A well-appointed section of lawn lies to the front adjacent to the drive way, with scope to enclose and for accessing the workshop.
- • Features & favourite spots
- The lounge has to be seen to be fully appreciated; the room proportions, ceiling height and that wonderful bay and view are unlike anything currently on the market. Bedroom three, previously the honeymoon suite of the former hotel, is also a favourite, as is the grand staircase and the freestanding bath in the master ensuite!